The Spirituality in Counselling Chapter was created in 2006. Its goals are:
- To provide an opportunity for Chapter members to meet and discuss pertinent issues related to spirituality in counselling.
- To provide a forum for ongoing information exchange and professional development.
- To work collaboratively as Chapter and Executive members and with the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association for the greater good of mutually sought aims and objectives.
- To provide an opportunity for the Chapter members to collaborate with faith groups in open dialogue for the purpose of enhanced client care.
|Past President||Cathy Underhill|
|Vice President||Lisa Wilvert|
|Board Liaison||Arash Kameli|
Send a message to our SCC Chapter president!
The Spirituality in Counselling Chapter is a multi-faith chapter open to individuals working from any spiritual tradition who are spiritually-minded counsellors with a special interest in responding to clients who desire to have spirituality included in the counselling process.
Our commitment is to offer a sacred space to our clients while listening to their story and to value compassion, empathy and respect to all people.
The Spirituality in Counselling Chapter of the Canadian Psychotherapy and Counselling Association is proud to present
Incorporating the Spiritual Dimension into the Practice of Psychotherapy with Lawrence Beech, PhD
Saturday, March 4, 2023 – 10:00am to 11:00am EST
Eligible for 1 Continuing Education Credit with CCPA
Join us as Lawrence Beech distils and shares his wisdom of integrating spirituality into psychotherapy.
In this one-hour presentation and break out group experience, you will:
- Gain an understanding of shared values underlying the diversity of multi-faith traditions, rituals and practices.
- Deepen knowledge of the distinctive vocabulary, rituals and practices of diverse faith traditions.
- Identify at least eight shared spiritual convictions and values that intersect most faith traditions.
- Communicate spiritually across differing faith orientations in psychotherapy practice through naming themes and values held in common.
Participants will have also the opportunity to meet in small breakout groups to discuss possibilities for incorporating the spiritual dimension into their practice and client work.
Free to Spirituality in Counselling Chapter Members please contact Gen at [email protected] for the promo code
Register Now for this unique opportunity!
Lawrence Beech is a Registered Marriage and Family Therapist (RMFT); Supervisor Mentor with the Canadian Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (CAMFT) and Registered Psychotherapist, with College of Registered Psychotherapist of Ontario (CRPO). Lawrence currently serves as a Senior Faculty Member at the Toronto Centre of Psychotherapy and Counselling Education (TCPCE), a CRPO Approved Training Program. For over 25 years he was the Director, Pastoral Counselling Education Program, Toronto School of Theology, University of Toronto. He is an Ordained Minister (retired) with the United Church of Canada.
His professional life includes private practice with a focus on couple and family relationships, individual and group supervision of TCPCE students working towards certification as registered psychotherapists, academic teaching of psychotherapy courses within the TCPCE program, and integration of the spiritual dimension into the training, supervision and clinical practice of psychotherapy.
Lawrence enjoys a long term, committed marriage relationship with his wife, Sandra. Both his son and daughter are therapists in private practice.
Constitution and Bylaws
The Chapter’s bylaws are a set of rules that control the actions of its members and govern the internal management of the Chapter.
A Student Scolarship Award is handed out by the Spirituality in Counselling Chapter.
- 2021 AGM Audio File
- 2021 AGM Chapter President Report
- 2021 AGM Minutes
- 2021 AGM Agenda
- 2020 AGM List of Motions
- 2020 AGM Minutes
- 2019 AGM Agenda
- 2019 AGM Annual Treasurer Report
- 2019 AGM Awards Committee Report
- 2019 AGM Chapter President Report
- Minutes - 2018 AGM
- Newsletter - Spring 2019
- Newsletter - Spring 2018
- Newsletter - November 2017
- Letter to membership AGM 2017
- AGM Agenda 2017
- Minutes of the 2016 Annual General Meeting
- President's Chapter Report to the Board AGM 2017
- Past President Report
- Award Committee Report
- Annual Financial Report
- Treasurer Annual Report 2016-2017
- April 2014