|President (Interim)||Nancy Blair|
|Past President / Animal Voice Coordinator||Nancy Blair|
|Communcations/Educator Coordinator||Kayla Shore|
|Board Liaison||Siri Brown|
Send a message to one of our Animal Assisted Therapy in Counselling Chapter board members!
The Animal Assisted Therapy in Counselling Chapter of the CCPA has the following goals:
- Provide a forum for CCPA Members in good standing to meet and share knowledge and experience of Animal Assisted Therapy
- Provide information on programs for Counsellors to gain training and/or certification in Animal Assisted Therapy.
- Promote an understanding and appreciation of Animal Assisted Therapy in Canada.
- Network with other organizations working the field of Animal Assisted Therapy in Counselling.
Click here to see the Chapter’s Brochure.
This first stage of the development of this Chapter took place in February 2012 when a call went out to the CCPA members to see if there was interest in such a Chapter. There was sufficient support and members who had signed up to be members of the Chapter and paid their membership were invited to participate in a founding Teleconference on May 17th, 2012. Persons interested in making up an Interim Executive volunteered to continue meeting monthly by teleconference. A list of tasks, developed during the Chapter Teleconferences, has become this year’s plan of action to establish the Chapter foundation and also to prepare for our first AGM to be held at the 2013 CCPA Conference, Halifax, Nova Scotia. These include:
- Preparation of a Mission Statement
- Preparation of a Draft Constitution and by-Laws
- Submission of an article to the January 2013 issue of Cognica
- Communication with Chapter Members including distribution of information on AAT Programs/Training to Chapter Members. Note that the Chapter is providing information, not endorsing any specific programs.
- Connecting with other groups in Canada with similar goals.
- Participate in Chapter President meetings.
- Coordination with the National CCPA office to prepare for the AGM at the National Conference.
Point 2 of our Mission Statement is to “Provide information on programs for Counsellors to gain training and/or certification in Animal Assisted Therapy”. The Natural Connection website is a good source of information on what trainings are available in Canada, the US and abroad. We are suggesting that members may find it useful to connect to the Natural Connection’s Newsletter, prepared by Sarah Schlote, one of Interim Directors-at-large. Registration for the newsletter can be done via the website. The Interim President will be sending occasional updates on training to Chapter Members. CCPA members interested in CCPA pre-approval for events should go to http://www.ccpa-accp.ca/en/ceuforms/. For further information, contact Sharon Cameron, President.
Constitution and By-laws
The Chapter’s bylaws are a set of rules that control the actions of its members and govern the internal management of the Chapter.