The Alberta/NWT Chapter is a community of diverse professionals, identified as counsellors, who facilitate professional development and support as well the advancement of the profession within Alberta and the Northwest Territories. The objectives of the Chapter are to promote an identity of those in the counselling field; connect with practitioners in the counselling field in Alberta and the NWT, and to develop connections with various counselling-related associations in Alberta. The Chapter also serves as a direct link with the National Association (CCPA), in a reciprocal exchange, toward the achievement of mutually desired aims and objectives.
|Past President||Blythe Shepard|
|Secretary/Treasurer||Carol-Anne Haring (Red Deer)|
|Communications and Professional Development||Cathy Underhill|
|Member at Large||Dayami Fernandes (Calgary)|
|Member at Large||Jessica Bruhn (Yellowknife)|
|Member at Large||Phyllis Hodges (Edmonton)|
|Student Liaison (North)||Theresa Robinson|
|Student Liaison (South)||Vacant|
|Board Liaison / Regional Director||Kevin Alderson|
Regional Update & Case consultation Hour
Get updates on the profession and CCPA initiatives, collect with colleagues to discuss cases you are dealing with, and have the opportunity to bring subjects up with your Provincial Director in order to have your voice heard.
- When: First Wednesday of every month
- Dates: February 1, March 1, April 5, May 3, June 7, July 5, August 2, September 6, October 4, November 1, and December 6
- Time: 6 pm MST
- First 5 to 10 minutes. CCPA update, question/answer, provincial issues that need head office feedback.
- Case consultation in groups of 3 or 4.
Please email the regional director, Dr. Kevin Alderson, at [email protected] and simply write on the subject line, “Please add me to the case consultation list.” He will email you the link the night before or the day of the event.
Send a message to one of our Alberta & NWT Chapter board members!
The following are awards are offered by the AB/NWT Chapter
- The Alberta Rose Award – Honours and recognizes noteworthy service contributions to the counselling profession in the province of Alberta
- The Northern Lights Award – Honours and recognizes noteworthy contributions to the counselling profession in the Northwest Territories
- Dr. Blythe Shepard Award – Honours and recognizes contributions to the counselling profession in Alberta and/or Northwest Territories
2018 Recipient of the Dr. Blythe Shepard Award
Distinguished Service Award 2016
For more information or for nominations, click here.
Reports and Minutes
Constitution and Bylaws
The Chapter’s bylaws are a set of rules that control the actions of its members and govern the internal management of the Chapter.