I was approached by a counsellor not so long ago, who asked me about using creativity in counselling and I found an interesting article on a research which focused on the following questions:
The research questions were as follows:
1. How many beginning counselors used creativity in counseling?
2. Did beginning counselors think that using creativity benefited their clients?
3. Did beginning counselors think that using creativity benefited them?
4. What materials would beginning counselors like to have access to in order to use creativity in counseling?
5. Did beginning counselors feel as though they had these materials available to use?
6. Would they have felt more inclined to use creativity if materials had been supplied to them by an in-house clinic at their university?
7. Did beginning counselors know that creative techniques were options to use in counseling?
Reading the research gave me some interesting information. So here it is for you
*The views expressed by our authors are personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect the views of the CCPA