Benefits just for students:
- For students enrolled in a Masters program in Counselling, during their practicum, a comprehensive Professional Liability insurance policy at low cost;
- A number of CCPA awards are available only to students including the CCPA Conference Travel Grant, the CCPA/BMS Student Bursary Award and the Dr R. Vance Peavy Travel Bursary.
- A special rate program for graduate students who have been a student member of CCPA for a least one year.
Incentive Program for Graduate Student Members
Attention: All graduating counselling students currently holding a student membership with CCPA!
We all know that it is not always easy getting your career started upon graduation. There is so much to do and various start up fees to pay. We at CCPA understand that and would like to encourage you to remain part of the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association, to continue networking with seasoned counsellors and to keep participating in your lifelong learning.
It is for these key reasons, that the Membership Services Committee developed an incentive program for graduating students.
In order to qualify for the Student Incentive Program:
- You must have held your student membership with CCPA for at least one year. Note the timeframe is calculated from registration with CCPA to conferral of your degree.
- Once you have completed your program, you must contact CCPA to upgrade your membership (from Student to Professional) and apply for and be granted the Canadian Certified Counsellor designation (CCC).
When you apply for and are granted your certification, your membership fee of $185 will be refunded for one year. Please note that after this first year, the regular annual membership fees of $185 plus the $ 75 certification maintenance fees will apply.
This offer is for graduating students only, is not retroactive to previous graduates and cannot be granted if you have allowed your membership to lapse.
We hope that you will consider this opportunity upon completion of your program and that you will continue to be a part of the ever growing and thriving counselling community within the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association. Contact us for more information.