CCPA is currently looking for students to volunteer at the CCPA/ACA 2016 Conference to be held from March 30 – April 3, 2016 in Montreal, QC.
This program is a great opportunity to meet and interact with leading counseling professionals and fellow students.
This letter and agreement explains the commitment and criteria needed to be a part of the volunteer program. Please read this entire letter and attached agreement before you commit. You are required to:
- Pay half your conference registration fee to be submitted with the volunteer agreement. Please designate the word “VOLUNTEER” at the top of the registration form.
- Be a CCPA Student Member. If you are not a member, you can complete the membership application online at www.ccpa-accp.ca/applyformembership/.
- Work at least 10 hours over the 3-5 day conference period. You will be charged for your full registration if you do not work at least 10 hours.
- Have your application signed by a Faculty member. Deadline, Monday, November 30, 2015.
- Complete the Travel Plan document that is provided to you after acceptance into the program.
- Please note as part of your responsibility, you will be required to attend an Orientation session upon your arrival to the conference. Further details on the dates and time will be forthcoming. It is imperative that you attend the orientation session.
- Volunteers will be assigned to all aspects of the conference, not solely for Learning Institutes and Education Sessions. Assignments may include other components/areas of the conference where assistance is needed. Please view the document “2016 Potential Volunteer Assignments” for further explanation.
- Volunteer slots are limited, and therefore it is in your best interest to apply early!
- You will have an opportunity to select your top three events, keeping in mind you are here as part of your commitment to the program. We will make every effort to accommodate your top three selections. This will provide you the opportunity to participate in the activities you are assigned to as long as your volunteer requirements for that assigned activity are also completed.
- If your employer or professor has specific requests for you to attend certain Learning Institutes or Education Sessions please note that as one your top three selections.
- To optimize the balance between volunteer requirements and participation in the conference, it is recommended that prospective volunteers plan to arrive at the conference on or before Friday, April 1st and spend at least three or more days at the conference. We will reach out to you in the upcoming months regarding your travel plans and you will be required to complete your travel information online.
The agreement and conference registration must be mailed, email or faxed directly to Debbie Beales, Director of Professional Education. Please make sure your agreement includes the proper faculty signature and appropriate registration fee. Again, slots are limited, so apply as soon as possible. An e-mail confirmation will be sent to you once your full application has been received. Please send/fax your agreement and conference registration to:
C/O Debbie Beales
Director, Professional Education
6101 Stevenson Ave.
Alexandria, VA 22304
Attn: Debbie Beales
Fax: (703) 823-0252
Again, thank you for your interest in volunteering for the 2016 ACA/CCPA Conference and Expo!