Professional Liability Insurance is offered by BMS
Effective February 2017, BMS Canada Risk Services Ltd. (BMS Group) is the official broker for the CCPA Member Insurance Program.
To purchase coverage online click here.
For more information, contact a BMS broker today at 1-844-506-3981 or [email protected], or visit our website at www.ccpa.bmsgroup.com.
The CCPA Insurance Program is available to active Members of CCPA who fall under one of the below eligible categories:
- Canadian Certified Counsellor,
- Student Members of CCPA, enrolled in a recognized masters’ counselling program and acting under the supervision of a qualified counsellor, appointment by the College or the University,
- Member of CCPA Registered with a Provincial Regulatory Body including the following: College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario, Ordre des conseillers et conseilleres d’orientation du Quebec, Ordre des psychologues du Quebec, Ordre des sexologues du Québec, Ordre des psychoéducateurs et psychoéducatrices du Québec, Ordre des travailleurs sociaux et des thérapeutes conjugaux et familiaux du Québec, Nova Scotia College of Counselling Therapists, College of Counselling Therapists of New Brunswick, College of Counselling Therapy of Prince Edward Island.
- Member of CCPA who has applied for certification (Canadian Certified Counsellor designation). Those who hold an active membership must have also submitted a CCC Application form toward their certification file, prior to applying for this coverage option.
Applicants must reside in Canada to be eligible for this coverage. Policyholders must remain in good standing with CCPA in order to maintain and renew coverage. The CCPA Insurance program provides coverage for the scope of practice of psychotherapists and counsellors. It does not provide coverage for the full scope of practice of psychologists.
For more information regarding CRPO insurance requirements, click here.
For more information on counsellor liability risk please read the briefing paper here.
**BMS presented a webinar on insurance for CCPA members. Listen to it now!**
Discover The Personal
Your Personal Connection to savings up to 30%* on your home and auto insurance
Why do our customers rate The Personal a leader in client experience? It’s simple: best-in-class service, quick hassle-free claims processing and exclusive group rates.
Our goal is to deliver an exceptional customer experience that is fast, flexible and easy with features like:
- 24/7 emergency assistance
- Lock in your group rates for up to 364 days in advance †
- Call from the scene
Click HERE to get a quote
Or call – 1-888-476-8737
Group Insurance Benefits Offered Through HUB International
HUB International has partnered with CCPA to offer exclusive group rates and benefits to its members. The group insurance program offers Basic Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, and Extended Health Care (including an Employee Assistance Program and Teladoc Medical Experts referral and second opinion services) as mandatory benefits. Optional benefits include Dental Care, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Basic Spousal Life Insurance.
Approved members also have confidential, exclusive access to the HUB Digital Marketplace which offers discounts and preferred rates for insurance companies across the country for products such as home, auto, and pet insurance. As well as discounts and rewards for leading retails brands and services.
For more information, or for a quote, please contact HUB by sending an email to [email protected].