Professional Liability Insurance is offered by BMS
Effective February 2017, BMS Canada Risk Services Ltd. (BMS Group) is the official broker for the CCPA Member Insurance Program. In making the change to BMS, CCPA is happy to announce that certified members have access to higher limits and enhanced coverage at no additional cost.
The CCPA Insurance Program is available to active Members of CCPA who fall under one of the below eligible categories:
- Canadian Certified Counsellor,
- Student Members of CCPA, enrolled in a recognized masters’ counselling program and acting under the supervision of a qualified counsellor, appointment by the College or the University,
- Member of CCPA Registered with a Provincial Regulatory Body including the following: College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario, Ordre des conseillers et conseilleres d’orientation du Quebec, Ordre des psychologues du Quebec, Ordre des sexologues du Québec, Ordre des psychoéducateurs et psychoéducatrices du Québec, Ordre des travailleurs sociaux et des thérapeutes conjugaux et familiaux du Québec, Nova Scotia College of Counselling Therapists, College of Counselling Therapists of New Brunswick, College of Counselling Therapy of Prince Edward Island.
- Member of CCPA who has applied for certification (Canadian Certified Counsellor designation). Those who hold an active membership must have also submitted a CCC Application form toward their certification file, prior to applying for this coverage option.
Applicants must reside in Canada to be eligible for this coverage. Policyholders must remain in good standing with CCPA in order to maintain and renew coverage. The CCPA Insurance program provides coverage for the scope of practice of psychotherapists and counsellors. It does not provide coverage for the full scope of practice of psychologists.
For more information regarding CRPO insurance requirements, click here.
**BMS presented a webinar on insurance for CCPA members. Listen to it now!**
Discover The Personal
Your Personal Connection to savings up to 30%* on your home and auto insurance
Why do our customers rate The Personal a leader in client experience? It’s simple: best-in-class service, quick hassle-free claims processing and exclusive group rates.
Our goal is to deliver an exceptional customer experience that is fast, flexible and easy with features like:
- 24/7 emergency assistance
- Lock in your group rates for up to 364 days in advance †
- Call from the scene