The Counsellor Educators Chapter (CE) is one of the oldest chapters of the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association. It was established very early in the Association’s history, back when the name was still the Canadian Guidance and Counselling Association.
The objectives of the CE Chapter are as follows:
- To provide an opportunity for counsellor educators to meet for discussion of critical issues in teaching, supervision, and research in the area of counsellor education.
- To provide a forum for ongoing information exchange and professional development (skill and knowledge based).
- To serve as a vehicle for lobbying appropriate university departments and facilities, governments and agencies to help counsellor education programs meet their primary goal of preparing professionally competent counsellors.
- To provide a means by which counsellor educators can help one another to develop and obtain research support provincially and federally through increased collaboration.
- To serve as a direct link with the National Association, thereby providing for the presentation of mutually sought aims and objectives.
These objectives are met in a number ways, including: with the CCPA managed Chapter listserv, the Chapter website, and the hosting of a CE Chapter workshop at each annual national CCPA conference.
Joining the Chapter
All CCPA members are welcomed to join the Counsellor Educators Chapter, under the appropriate category of Chapter membership:
- Voting Member. For anyone involved in teaching or supervision of individuals preparing to become professional counsellors.
- Student Member. For anyone currently registered in a doctoral degree program in counselling or a related field.
- Associate Member. For anyone else wanting to join the Counsellor Educator Chapter.
The annual fee for Voting Members and Associate Members is $20. There is no fee for Student Members.
For more details on how to join the Counsellor Educator Chapter, please call the National office (Toll free:1-877-765-5565).
|President||Dr. Jeff Landine|
|Past-President||Dr. José Domene|
|President-Elect||Dr. Roberta Neault|
|Secretary/Treasurer||Dr. Liette Goyer|
Constitution and By-laws
The Chapter’s bylaws are a set of rules that control the actions of its members and govern the internal management of the Chapter.
Members from the Counsellor Educators chapter have volunteered to make themselves available for consultation on a range of clinical and research issues. Click here for the current list of available consultants, and their contact information.
The Doctoral Student Dissemination Award is awarded by the Counsellor Educators Chapter.