Effective January 1, 2020, annual membership fees for guest members and professional members (certified and non-certified) will increase by $15.00.
The last fee increase for CCPA members occurred in March 2013. At that time, the increase was $20 and was split into two parts: $10 was for the general functioning of the Association and the other $10 was for the Regional Development Fund.
Since that time no other increases have occurred.
However, there have been expense increases for CCPA such as the following:
- GST/HST is now 5-15%.
- With the ongoing rise in membership numbers and the services associated with this increase, additional staff have been hired to support this growth. (2,377 members in 2004, 7,300 members currently).
- Advocacy efforts have been increased.
- The Student Rep Program has been enhanced.
- CCPA has taken a leadership role in supervision (for example, the competency framework, national symposium, textbook, and regional workshops).
- CCPA has taken a leadership role in promoting regulation and has been actively working with all provinces pre and post-regulation.
- Introduction of the Research Conference.
- Development of a new database is underway to accommodate the complexities associated with our membership, certification, CEC requirements, renewal processes, etc.
- Increased ethics support to members and the public.
- Increased engagement with social media.
Therefore, effective January 1, 2020, annual fees will be increased as follows:
- Guest Membership fee from $130 to $145.
- Professional Membership fee from $170 to $185.
- Retired Membership fee will remain the same.
- Student Membership fee will remain the same.
Guest members and professional members whose annual membership renewal date is January 1, 2020 will have the $15.00 fee increase included in their November 2019 renewal notice.
|Category||Current Price||New Price (January 1, 2020)|
|Guest Member||$130 per year||$145 per year|
|Professional Member||$170 per year||$185 per year|
|Retired Member||$85 per year||$85 per year|
|Student Member||$85 per year||$85 per year|
Note: Certification fees will remain unchanged at $75 per year.
If you have any questions regarding the membership fee increase, please contact Tony Laderoute, Manager, Operations at [email protected] or 1 877 765 5565 ext. 110.